Buy Bayou Classics Cast Iron Wok Now
I've wanted a cast iron wok that would work without a ring on an electric stove for years. After I managed to permanently damage the last non-stick one I had in less than 3 uses, I decided to get online and after much searching decided on this one. One concern that I had was size, most woks I was looking at were too large for my stove. Turns out this one has a larger profile than I thought it would, due to the handle. It also takes several minutes to warm up in part due to the heavy base. It also must been seasoned first. But once I got it seasoned, figured out that letting it heat up while I chopped the veggies and meat was the most efficient way to go, and that while it was something of a space hog on my small stove it really didn't matter after all, I was a happy wok user. Best part? Being heavy duty cast iron means it will never get heat damaged! I am only sorry I didn't get this sooner, it would have saved me the 40+ bucks I wasted on the one I got from the fancy cookware store that lasted less than a week before the non-stick coating started to peel off.I bought this a couple of months ago, and I have used it extensively. If taken care of properly, it should last quite a while. I have found that it works best if you heat it on the stove for 10-15 minutes before adding anything to it. Once it is hot, it stays hot. I have made several servings of stir-fry in one long cooking session, and the last one cooked just as well as the first.This wok is a nice size, very solid but not too heavy for cast iron. I find that the two handles make the wok quite manageable. The edges are somewhat rough, if not even sharp in certain areas. It did not arrive pre-seasoned as did some other cast iron pieces (of a different brand) that I have recently purchased.Thursday, July 24, 2014
Bayou Classics Cast Iron Wok
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment